Raw Chocolate from Real Cacao Beans
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This recipe is your most natural chocolate in its raw, original form derived from whole cacao beans (don't confuse with cocoa) and cacao butter. Only 3 ingredients, this recipe is a gem for those who are on the raw food diet. It is really delicious, makes a perfect pairing to a glass of red, cup of espresso, or by itself as a pick-me-up snack."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 305
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 7-inch baking pan)
- Place cacao butter in small pot. Fill a bigger pot with enough boiling water for the small pot with butter to dip into but not submerge. Lower the bottom of the small pot into the water. Stir to melt the cacao butter, keeping the pot rim above the water, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend cacao beans in a food processor until smooth and peanut butter-like in consistency, at least 10 minutes to allow beans to expel oil and start smoothing out.
- Add honey to the melted cacao butter in the pot. Stir, but don't worry if it doesn't liquefy fully; the consistency will improve in the next step.
- Add blended cacao beans to the pot; mix well using a spoon. Pour mixture into a 7-inch baking pan. Freeze until solid, at least 1 hour. Cut with a knife or break into chunks.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Topping ideas include almonds, raisins, coconut flakes, vanilla extract, puffed quinoa, or whatever else you are creative enough for! (Hint: bacon won't make it vegan, haha, but may pleasantly surprise your omnivore friends). If using any kind of extract, add it while you mix in the cacao butter in Step 3.
- If you aren't in a hurry, feel free to refrigerate instead of freezing the chocolate. Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator; it can last a long time in the fridge.
Per Serving: 305 calories; 27.2 17.5 0.1 0 < 1 Full nutrition