Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients36 m servings 582 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 oat cakes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grind 2 1/2 cups oats and hemp together in a food processor. Transfer to a large bowl. Add 3 cups flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and allspice. Rub in butter and coconut oil by hand until mixture forms crumbs the size of frozen peas.
- Add water to the bowl with the oat mixture. Knead until dough is uniform and moist, adding a small amount of additional water if necessary.
- Turn dough out onto a surface dusted with 1 tablespoon flour and 1 tablespoon oats. Pat down to about 1 1/2-inch thickness. Cut cakes into desired shapes and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cakes are dry and firm, 16 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can replace the hemp hearts with additional oatmeal, if you prefer.
- I have also used lard in place of the coconut oil.
Per Serving: 582 calories; 37.9 g fat; 55.1 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 315 mg sodium. Full nutrition