Vegan Biryani Recipe
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Vegetarian biryani is easy-to-make traditional Arabic food with delightful spices and exotic vegetables. Make veg biryani for family dinner to make your guest enjoy every spoon of serving. Perfect mixture of veggies and masala make the best combo you can have in one bowl. Serve with condiments such as raita."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 534
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppercorns, dried peppers, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and salt together in a food processor. Grind to a fine paste and transfer to a bowl.
- Place rice in a bowl with water to cover. Soak for 15 minutes. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan and add drained rice and 1 pinch of salt. Cook until rice is starting to soften but still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Mix in fried onions, cilantro, and salt to taste.
- Bring 1 cup water and 1 pinch salt to a boil in a saucepan. Add potatoes, cauliflower, green beans, and peas. Cook until vegetables are just starting to become tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon mixed masala paste and fry for 1 minute. Add partially cooked vegetables and 1 pinch of salt; stir gently. Add cumin, coriander, and 1/2 teaspoon of the masala paste. Mix well and add a splash of water. Cook for 5 minutes. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes more.
- Spread partially cooked rice evenly and loosely over the vegetables in the pan, leaving small gaps for steam to escape. Cover and cook until rice is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of mixed masala paste ingredients. The actual amount of masala consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 534 calories; 28.7 63.4 5.5 0 394 Full nutrition