Steamed Vegan Rice Cakes (Banh Bo Hap)
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 334 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Whisk rice flour, water, coconut milk, sugar, tapioca starch, yeast, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl until smooth. Cover with a lid. Let batter rest until air bubbles rise to the surface, about 2 hours. Stir well.
- Grease cake molds with oil. Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Place cake molds on top and pour batter into each, leaving 1 3/4 inches of space at the top for rising. Bring water to a boil. Cover and steam until a toothpick inserted into a cake comes out clean, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If it is winter, place the batter in the oven or any warm place. In the summer, keep at room temperature.
- If using food coloring, divide batter into 3 bowls and drop your favorite colors into each.
- Use small heat-proof bowls if you don't have cake molds.
Per Serving: 334 calories; 8.5 g fat; 60.8 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 54 mg sodium. Full nutrition