Vegan Tofu Quiche
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 349 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch quiche)
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat; saute onion for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring regularly, for another 5 minutes. Cover pot between stirs. Add spinach, red wine, balsamic vinegar, and liquid smoke. Stir briefly, cover the pot, and remove from heat. Let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Arrange pie crust in a 9- or 10-inch pie plate.
- Combine tofu, arrowroot, nutritional yeast, olive oil, mustard, and agar powder in a food processor; blend into a uniformly thick paste. Mix into the mushroom mixture to form a more liquid paste. Pour and scrape mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden and center is set, about 45 minutes. Cool quiche completely before slicing.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use 1/3 cup vegan cheese in place of 1/4 cup arrowroot, and reduce olive oil to 1/8 cup.
- Substitute 1/4 cup flour for the arrowroot for a chewier texture.
- Look for a pie crust without lard (such as Marie Callender's®).
Per Serving: 349 calories; 23.5 g fat; 22.7 g carbohydrates; 13.7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 338 mg sodium. Full nutrition