New England Clam Chowder Dip
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 248
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 small casserole dish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cook bacon in a dry saucepan over medium heat until bacon is crispy and fat begins to foam, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove a few tablespoons of bacon to reserve for the top. Add green onions, celery, and a pinch of salt. Cook and stir until vegetables just start to soften, about 2 minutes. Drain bacon grease if desired. Turn off heat and let mixture cool.
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl. Add the bacon-veggie mixture, clams, parsley, and 4 ounces Cheddar cheese. Season with Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and Old Bay(R) seasoning. Mix until nicely combined. Transfer into a small baking dish; smooth out the top. Scatter the reserved bacon and remaining Cheddar over the dip. Sprinkle cayenne pepper on top to get a richer, browned top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dip is heated through and top is browned, about 20 minutes. Heat under the broiler to further brown the top, about 1 minute more.
- Chef's Notes:
- If you don't have store-bought Old Bay® seasoning, here's how to make your own.
- Swap paprika for cayenne pepper if desired.
- For a slightly thinner dip, include the clam juice from the can.
Per Serving: 248 calories; 19.3 3.4 15.2 78 446 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1