Sticky Garlic Pork Chops
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 500
- Combine brown sugar, garlic, rice vinegar, and fish sauce in a bowl for the marinade. Add a splash of soy sauce and a plop of ketchup. Finish off with black pepper and hot sauce.
- Pour 1/2 of the marinade into a baking dish and lay pork chops over marinade. Pour the remaining marinade on top and toss pork chops until well coated. Wrap with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator, flipping chops every 30 minutes, 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove chops to a plate, scraping any excess marinade back into the baking dish.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place chops in the hot oil. Cook until outsides are nicely charred and meat springs back when lightly prodded, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chops to a plate to rest.
- Pour the marinade into the skillet. Raise heat to medium-high. Cook until marinade is reduced and sticky, 3 to 5 minutes. Return pork chops and any accumulated juices to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook pork chops, flipping and basting occasionally, until the centers are slightly pink and sauce is to your desired degree of stickiness, 6 to 8 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the pork should read about 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Plate each pork chop and spoon a portion of the sticky garlic sauce on top.
- Chef's Notes:
- You can use up to 8 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced.
- I used sriracha hot sauce. Feel free to add cayenne pepper, too, if you like.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. This recipe makes 2 pork chops but includes enough marinade for about 4 chops.
Per Serving: 500 calories; 21 42.4 35 90 1813 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
So yummy! Just served tonight and it was really good. We didn't have fish sauce so I used Worcestershire Sauce and it was great!
We made these pork chops a couple of days ago and they were wonderful, didn't change a thing.
I made these pork chops last night as a change from our usual grilled pork chop recipe. They were a success. My husband and I especially enjoyed the sticky sauce which was the perfect blend of s...
This was my first time making and eating a pork chop, and i am in love! I love you chef john, I wish you had a cook book! I'm making these again soon! I followed the recipe exactly except I doub...
This was absolutely the bomb, I made it with Tapatio instead of Sriracha and used a little extra because I like my food spicy, but the sauce still had plenty of sweetness. Will definitely make ...
I’ve made this twice. It’s been magnificent both times, it has entered into my recipe rotation and I love it!
The best pork chops I have ever had. A couple of quantity mods but that's it. It is a little bloody ripper of a recipe. Thanks you for sharing