Baked Eggs and Asparagus
made it | 0 reviews |
"Eggs baked on a bed of asparagus are perfect for a quick brunch dish when asparagus is in season. All you need is some fresh crusty bread and you're all set! Keep the tips out of the boiling water when you cook the asparagus to retain their bright green color and crunch."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 268 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the asparagus upright, making sure the water does not touch the asparagus tips. Cook until soft but still firm to the bite, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter a baking dish.
- Place asparagus in one layer on the bottom of the baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and dot with knobs of butter. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Gently crack the eggs in the middle of the dish, being careful not to break the egg yolks.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- For thin asparagus, you might only need to cook it for 3 minutes.
Per Serving: 268 calories; 24.1 g fat; 4.9 g carbohydrates; 9.9 g protein; 219 mg cholesterol; 270 mg sodium. Full nutrition