Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 337
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil; when hot, add chuck roast and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove roast and set aside. Add remaining olive oil to the pot. Add onion, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add water, tamari, stevia, and bouillon cube.
- Return roast to the pot. Close and lock the lid; set pressure to High and set the timer for 60 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions for 10 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Remove roast and transfer to a plate.
- Add red bell peppers to the pot and whisk in arrowroot. Set pot to Saute mode; cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bell peppers are softened, about 5 minutes. Return roast to pot; stir until heated through, about 3 minutes more. Top with chopped cilantro.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute coconut aminos for the tamari, if desired.
Per Serving: 337 calories; 24 9.8 19.9 69 882 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
4.8.18 Didn’t have tamari, sub’d low sodium soy sauce, and skipped the Stevia, didn’t think it needed it for our taste. I found the Asian flavor a bit weak, so I did end up adding more soy sau...
Definitely a keeper! The roast was tender and juicy. I substituted corn starch since I couldn’t find arrowroot and it worked out fine.