Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara
"My wife and I went to that popular Italian-American restaurant chain for dinner recently, and I had their shrimp and chicken carbonara. It was absolutely delicious and I thought, 'What the heck, I'll try making this at home.' I found a few recipes online, but none grabbed me. After studying several recipes, I came up with this recipe on my own. It's fairly simple to make, and my wife said it was better than the original."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 956
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 plates)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken with 1 tablespoon garlic and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon garlic and 1 tablespoon olive oil in the same pan. Fry shrimp until red on the outside and white on the inside, 6 to 8 minutes. Place with the chicken.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Add bacon to the pan; cook until just crispy, not crunchy, about 6 minutes. Drain on 2 paper towels. Saute onion in the bacon grease until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- While onion is sauteeing, mix cream, Parmesan cheese, egg yolks, salt, pepper, and remaining Italian seasoning together in a bowl.
- Pour wine into the pan with the onions. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Cook until wine is mostly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the creamy egg mixture and reduce heat. Simmer until sauce begins to thicken, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the chicken and shrimp; mix to coat. Serve on top of pasta.
- Cook's Note:
- Spaghetti or fettuccine pasta also work.
- Optional: Serve with bread sticks, Italian salad, and your favorite white wine.
Per Serving: 956 calories; 54 66.3 50.7 407 918 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I added pea and mushrooms and didn't have wine, but it still turned out great!