Vegan and Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"It's hard finding a good chocolate cake that is vegan and gluten-free, but search no more! If you like, you can garnish the ready cake with berries or other fresh fruit."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 393
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line with parchment paper.
- Combine teff flour, rice flour, arrowroot, sugar, coffee, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Place chocolate and 2 tablespoons soy milk in top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Add 2 cups soy milk and stir until well combined. Add vinegar.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the flour mixture and mix with a spatula until batter is well combined. Pour into the springform pan and level with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set but still slightly soft, about 35 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes in the pan, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack, about 45 minutes.
- Make the glaze while the cake is cooling. Place chocolate and coconut oil in top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Pour melted chocolate over cake and spread evenly. Allow to set before slicing.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't have parchment paper, grease the springform pan and dust with arrowroot starch.
- You can use any non-dairy milk instead of soy milk.
Per Serving: 393 calories; 15 58.9 7.6 2 217 Full nutrition