Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 101 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 patties)
- Bring a pot of well salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Trim off up to 1 inch of the woody bottom parts of the asparagus. Cut asparagus in half if necessary to fit your pot.
- Transfer asparagus to the boiling water. Boil until slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer asparagus to a bowl of very cold water using a slotted spoon. Let asparagus cool completely.
- Grate Pecorino Romano cheese finely using a rasp grater.
- Drain asparagus well and slice into very small pieces. Place in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add cayenne pepper, grated Pecorino Romano cheese, and bread crumbs. Mix in 1 egg to start. Add the second egg and continue mixing until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Scoop some of the asparagus mixture into the hot oil; flatten with a fork. Cook until bottom is browned, about 4 minutes. Flip over and brown the other side, about 4 minutes more.
- Chef's Notes:
- You can substitute the Pecorino Romano cheese with Parmigiano-Reggiano (about 1 loosely filled cup after grating on a Microplane®).
- My lemon aioli was simply mayonnaise spiked with raw garlic, lemon juice, and a pinch of cayenne. If you need measurements, use my Tarragon Aioli recipe but omit the tarragon.
Per Serving: 101 calories; 5.6 g fat; 7.6 g carbohydrates; 6.1 g protein; 67 mg cholesterol; 151 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
So good! I don’t normally like asparagus, but everything is better fried. I followed the recipe ingredients, but instead of chopping all that asparagus, I threw everything in a food processor an...