2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 232
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 cookies)
- Combine butter, shortening, and cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat using an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar and salt; beat until combined. Beat in egg and almond extract until well mixed. Gradually add flour, blending until dough is combined.
- Form dough into a ball with your hands. Stretch into a log shape and divide into 6 portions, or 1 per each color you plan to use.
- Center 1 portion of dough on a large piece of plastic wrap. Poke a well into the center with your thumb. Add 3 drops of food coloring into the well; fold dough over the coloring. Seal with the plastic wrap and knead the food coloring into the dough. Add more food coloring if needed. Tint each remaining dough ball with a different color.
- Chill the tinted dough in the refrigerator, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Divide each tinted dough ball into 8 equal pieces. Refrigerating the rest while you work, roll 1 piece out into a 6-inch rope over a waxed paper-lined or lightly floured surface. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces, stacking 1 rope of each color into a pile to make 8 multicolored piles.
- Gently press the ropes of 1 pile together and use your hands to roll the large multicolored 'rope' until round and smooth. Lengthen to 10 or 12 inches if desired. Cut in half. Use your hands to gently twist and roll both ends of each half in different directions. Use your imagination to coil rope pieces into the shape of unicorn poop. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Press silver candy dragees into the dough pieces. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are set and bottoms are light brown, 8 to 10 minutes; they will not spread very far. Cool on a wire rack.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can freeze the tinted dough for 15 to 20 minutes instead of refrigerating, if desired.
Per Serving: 232 calories; 13.8 25.3 2.3 30 140 Full nutrition