Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 488
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat peanut oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix flour, beer, cornstarch, egg whites, baking powder, white pepper, baking soda, celery salt, and black pepper together in a bowl with a wire whisk to form the batter.
- Dip asparagus spears individually in the batter and place carefully in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Dust fried asparagus with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- 7 Up®, Mountain Dew®, or water can be used in place of beer.
- This batter is good for all kinds of veggies, including onions, zucchini, and cauliflower.
Per Serving: 488 calories; 44 19.3 5.6 2 232 Full nutrition