Easter Creme Egg® Rocky Road
made it | 0 reviews |
"Rocky road transforms into a gooey Easter treat! I added lots of Cadbury Creme Eggs®, mini chocolate eggs, and of course the usual marshmallows. You can get creative with other additions, like coconut or nuts."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 429 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Set out all the ingredients first. Measure the marshmallows, unwrap the chocolate eggs, and crush the biscuits.
- Boil some water in a pot or a kettle and pour into a mug. Dip a sharp knife into the hot water for 1 minute. Remove the knife and wipe dry with paper towel. Use the hot knife to cut along the seam of 2 chocolate eggs, splitting them in half lengthwise. Leave 6 eggs whole.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan. Line the bottom and sides with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on 2 sides. Randomly place 3 whole eggs on the bottom. Set aside.
- Place condensed milk, chocolate, and butter in top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Remove bowl from the heat and stir in marshmallows and biscuits until well combined. Transfer to the prepared pan, covering the three eggs on the bottom. Working quickly, add the 3 remaining whole eggs on top, along with the 4 egg halves. Sprinkle mini eggs on top. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, 1 to 2 hours.
- Gently lift the rocky road out of the pan using the edges of the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and use the hot knife method from step 2 to slice into squares. Cut through some of the whole eggs so you get the gooey centers oozing out of each slice.
Per Serving: 429 calories; 19.1 g fat; 61 g carbohydrates; 5.9 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 105 mg sodium. Full nutrition