Shrimp Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 486
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Peel shrimp and place skin, heads, and tails into a large saucepan. Fill pan with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, about 45 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes and 1/2 the parsley in a blender; puree until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a separate pan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and chile pepper; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant but not browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour pureed tomato mixture into the pan with the peppers. Add water, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Stir well; add paprika. Let sauce simmer on low to medium heat until juices have reduced.
- Strain shrimp shells from the water. Bring water back to a boil and add spaghetti. Cook spaghetti, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water and drain the rest.
- In the meantime, add shrimp to the tomato sauce. Add the reserved water, stir well, and cook until shrimp is pink, about 3 minutes. Plate spaghetti and spoon the sauce on top; garnish with the remaining parsley.
- Cook's Notes:
- Pick sweet and juicy tomatoes, if possible.
- You can substitute 8 fluid ounces of tomato passata for the tomato paste and omit the water.
Per Serving: 486 calories; 9.3 77.5 22.4 80 160 Full nutrition