made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 494 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Peel and devein shrimp, reserving shells. Heat stock in a large saucepan and add shells. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Chop shrimp into bite-sized morsels. Toss with olive oil and garlic; cover and refrigerate.
- Strain stock and discard shells. Keep warm on low heat.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Add shallots; cook until softened, but not browned, about 4 minutes. Add dry rice and stir until each grain is coated and starts to turn translucent, about 3 minutes. Raise heat to medium. Add wine, stir and simmer until mostly evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Ladle 1/2 cup of warm stock into the rice mixture; stir constantly until stock is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes. Add rosemary and saffron and another 1/2 cup of stock; stir until absorbed, about 3 minutes. Repeat with about 4 more cups of stock, 10 to 15 minutes. Add marinated shrimp to the remaining 1 cup stock; stir for 1 minute and pour mixture into the rice. Cook and stir until risotto is tender yet firm to the bite, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Stir Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter into the risotto. Stir until creamy. Serve immediately in warmed bowls.
- Cook's Notes:
- I have used seared scallops in addition to the shrimp, and it is fabulous.
- Substitute vegetable stock for the chicken stock for a vegetarian version.
Per Serving: 494 calories; 15.8 g fat; 57.9 g carbohydrates; 26.3 g protein; 165 mg cholesterol; 850 mg sodium. Full nutrition