Spicy Pan-Fried Shrimp
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 353
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Rinse shrimp, pat dry, and set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Combine cornstarch, bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon ginger, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Shake to mix well. Add the shrimp and shake to coat.
- Whisk ketchup, orange juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, Shaoxing wine, fish sauce, garlic, togarashi, 1 tablespoon ginger, and onion powder together in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Shake excess cornstarch mixture off the shrimp; add shrimp to the pan. Fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Swipe most of the oil out of the pan, leaving a light coat. Add the ketchup sauce; cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Arrange shrimp on a plate; drizzle sauce over and garnish with green onions and cilantro.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Replace orange juice with 1 large orange plus 1 teaspoon zest if desired.
- For the sauce, you can use 1 inch of peeled fresh ginger, minced, in place of the powder.
- Instead of drizzling sauce over the shrimp, you can add it to the pan when they are almost done and cook until heated through.
Per Serving: 353 calories; 15.3 35 21.6 173 1519 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1