Spicy Chile Lime Shrimp
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 263
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Toss shrimp and soy sauce together in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add jalapeno peppers, garlic, and ginger. Squeeze in 1/2 of the lime and mix until combined, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Add milk slowly until batter is thin and runny.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a frying pan. Dip shrimp in batter to lightly coat; fry in batches until golden, about 1 minute per side. Toss fried shrimp with jalapeno mixture. Squeeze remaining lime juice on top.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute teriyaki sauce for the soy sauce if desired.
- If you want it mild, use 1 jalapeno peppers and remove the seeds.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 263 calories; 8.1 19.7 27.4 223 1102 Full nutrition