Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 423
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and vegetable oil large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp, 2 tablespoons parsley, and dill. Cook and stir, flipping shrimp halfway, until pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Move shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet, stirring into the shrimp juices. Add flour; whisk until fully combined and starting to turn golden, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add chicken broth and milk in that order; whisk to combine. Stir in tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Bring sauce to a simmer.
- Stir 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and Romano cheese into the sauce until cheeses begin to melt and sauce is creamy. Add 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Mix in about 1/2 the cooked penne to start; add more if there is enough sauce to coat. Add the shrimp and stir to combine. Top with the remaining parsley, Parmesan, and mozzarella.
- Bake in the preheated oven and bake until top is golden and sauce bubbles around the edges of the skillet, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If the top of the dish is not a nice golden color after baking, you can broil it, watching closely, until top is golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
Per Serving: 423 calories; 15.5 42.3 29.2 156 982 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1