Easy Garlic-Shrimp Pasta
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 952
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, making sure not to burn, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes; add tomatoes and capers. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until shrimp are completely pink, about 3 minutes more.
- Drain the penne and return it to the empty pot; toss with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Keep warm.
- Pour 1 inch of water into a pot and add a steamer basket. Bring water to a boil and add asparagus. Cover the pot and steam until al dente, about 3 minutes.
- Scoop 1/4 of the spaghetti onto a plate. Add 1/4 of the asparagus and 1/4 of the shrimp mixture, making sure to include the butter sauce as well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve with a lemon wedge. Repeat with remaining spaghetti, asparagus, shrimp, Parmesan, and lemon wedges for each serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Adding 1/2 cup white wine to the butter sauce and/or1 to 2 handfuls of wilted spinach are nice additions, too.
Per Serving: 952 calories; 49.8 91.9 41 273 598 Full nutrition