Ingredients50 m servings 619
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside until noodles are softened, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine rice wine vinegar, ketchup, fish sauce, chile sauce, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add shrimp to the wok. Cook and stir until pink, about 4 minutes. Add the ketchup mixture and stir. Move all ingredients to one side to clear a small space in the pan. Pour in eggs and cook without stirring until partially set, about 3 minutes.
- Stir the drained noodles into the shrimp and egg mixture. Add 1/2 cup peanuts, 1/4 cup bean sprouts, and carrots. Cook and stir until noodles are heated through, about 2 minutes. Garnish with the remaining peanuts, bean sprouts, lime wedges, green onions, and cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- If using pre-cooked shrimp, don't overcook.
- Extra chile sauce can also be added for those who like it really spicy!
- Use the garnish ingredients as desired. Some people prefer all the listed ingredients, some people just prefer extra peanuts.
Per Serving: 619 calories; 28 75.6 22 120 1421 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
Labor intensive, but not difficult. I added more shrimp (because why not?) and it was aMAZing!!!
Made this as is, and it was devoured by my family! We are lovers of pad thai, and everyone said it was better than in the restaurants. So yummy!
This was a great Pad Thai. I added tofu and snow peas and this worked well,
Yummy! It's so creamy and tasty. I added half a tbl of siracha. some green and red bell pepper. turned out DELICIOUS. We will make again.
It was delicious and a big hit for my guests. Also a fun meal round a table of six -- passing the extra toppings adds a bit of personal creativity. Everyone had seconds, so it was definitely a...
I didn't have peanut oil or fish sauce, so substituted seasame oil and hoisin sauce. It was delicious!
It was delicious. Made it exactly as directed, except I added some extra veges (a red bell pepper sliced, some napa cabbage chopped) and omitted the bean sprouts as I didn't have any on hand.