Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 619
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside until noodles are softened, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine rice wine vinegar, ketchup, fish sauce, chile sauce, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add shrimp to the wok. Cook and stir until pink, about 4 minutes. Add the ketchup mixture and stir. Move all ingredients to one side to clear a small space in the pan. Pour in eggs and cook without stirring until partially set, about 3 minutes.
- Stir the drained noodles into the shrimp and egg mixture. Add 1/2 cup peanuts, 1/4 cup bean sprouts, and carrots. Cook and stir until noodles are heated through, about 2 minutes. Garnish with the remaining peanuts, bean sprouts, lime wedges, green onions, and cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- If using pre-cooked shrimp, don't overcook.
- Extra chile sauce can also be added for those who like it really spicy!
- Use the garnish ingredients as desired. Some people prefer all the listed ingredients, some people just prefer extra peanuts.
Per Serving: 619 calories; 28 75.6 22 120 1421 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This dish turned out wonderfully and I think you could use any meat other than prawns and it would taste great or no meat