Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 546 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease the bottom of a deep-dish pie plate.
- Beat butter, sugar, and egg in a bowl until creamy. Blend in flour to form a dough, using your hands to knead it together at the end.
- Roll pastry out on a lightly floured surface and place into the prepared pie plate so it covers the bottom and the sides.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl using an electric mixer. Beat in vanilla extract. Gradually stir in cold milk until fully incorporated. Pour custard mixture over the pastry base and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until custard is set and a sharp knife inserted near the centre comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely before serving, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- The custard tastes best chilled.
Per Serving: 546 calories; 27.8 g fat; 64.4 g carbohydrates; 10.2 g protein; 182 mg cholesterol; 73 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This pie is absolutely fantastic. I make custard all the time but never made it into a pie. You won't be sorry you made this.