Ingredients2 h servings 496
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.)
- Shred the apples into a large bowl. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Mix well and place in bottom crust. Dot the top with 3 tablespoons butter.
- On a cutting board, place rolled out (or packaged) pie crust. With a leaf or apple cookie cutter, cut shapes from the pie crust. Position the cutouts all over the top of the pie, leaving small spaces between cutouts for the vent holes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove pie from oven and brush with 3 tablespoons melted butter. Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Place a piece of aluminum foil under the pan in case it boils over.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 496 calories; 23.8 72.1 3.5 23 298 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I thought this was going to be a very spicy because it was so dark, but I used Gala apples and this was a spectacular pie! The Gala apples really bring through the apple flavor.
I tried this recipe but 12 apples were way too many. I wound up with enough filling for 2 deep dish pies piled almost 6 inches high, but it wasn't nearly sweet or spicy enough. I may try again...
I loved the simplicity of this recipe. It is the perfect size for a good ole deep dish pie. WAY too much clove! It tasted like there should be a ham in the middle. I adjusted the spices to my ow...