German Rhubarb Meringue Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a very simple and oh-so-yummy German rhubarb cake (Rhabarberkuchen) with a meringue topping. The meringue topping goes on for the last 15 minutes so it won't get too dark."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 277 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 10-inch springform pan.
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla sugar, and salt in a large bowl and beat with an electric blender until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and mix into the batter, 1/4 cup at a time. Pour batter into the prepared springform pan. Press rhubarb pieces into the batter and sprinkle sugar over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until foamy. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form and meringue mixture is glossy. Remove cake from the oven and spread meringue mixture on top.
- Continue baking until meringue is set and lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool in the springform pan.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 10.3 g fat; 43.6 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 57 mg cholesterol; 145 mg sodium. Full nutrition