Ingredients6 h 25 m servings 117 cals
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Place chicken carcass, onions, carrots, celery, and garlic on the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until carcass is browned, about 1 hour.
- Remove pan from oven; scrape carcass and roasted vegetables into an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Add tomato, peppercorns, cider vinegar, and salt. Fill pot 2/3 full with water; close and lock the lid. Select the Soup setting according to manufacturer's instructions and set timer for 30 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes.
- Strain broth through a layer of cheesecloth into another container. Let cool, at least 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until a layer of fat solidifies on the surface, 4 hours to overnight. Remove and discard the fat.
- Cook's Notes:
- The vinegar will soften the bones, and you won't taste it.
- The carrot, onion, and garlic should be washed but unpeeled.
- The tomato will change the color slightly, but will add flavor.
Per Serving: 117 calories; 6.6 g fat; 6.2 g carbohydrates; 8.2 g protein; 36 mg cholesterol; 201 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Beautiful color and wonderful flavor for chicken broth. Made almost as written and loved that it's made in far less time using the Instant Pot! I omitted the salt as I like to freeze the stock i...
Absolutely fantastic. I used no salt so it is healthier. I pressure canned about 6 pints and am using it up fast! I will definitely make more.