Cream of Salmon Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Guests always compliment me when they taste this rich and creamy salmon soup. For special occasions, I make puff pastry triangles for dipping into the soup, but you can serve it without them."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 583
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lay puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll out with a rolling pin. Brush with egg yolk. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and press in firmly. Cut puff pastry first into squares, then into triangles, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until triangles are puffed up and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a pot over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add salmon and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Pour in fish stock and white wine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch and a little bit of water into a paste. Add to soup and bring to a boil. Cook until soup thickens, about 5 minutes. Puree soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in cream and saffron. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish soup with dill and serve with puff pastry triangles.
You might also like
Per Serving: 583 calories; 41.5 26.3 22.8 146 544 Full nutrition