Instant Pot® Dark Chocolate Brownies
4 made it | 0 reviews |
"Forget the oven and cake mixers! These indulgent brownies are easy to make and have a moist fudgy texture. Made in Instant Pot® Duo Mini (3 quart). Use good quality dark chocolate for the rich color and goodness of antioxidants. Serve as is or top the brownie with a chocolate ganache and serve once completely cooled."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 694
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 6-inch round brownie)
- Heat chocolate and butter in a glass bowl placed inside a saucepan of simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted and glossy, about 5 minutes.
- Let melted chocolate cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes. Add sugar; whisk thoroughly. Mix in yogurt and vanilla extract until combined. Beat in eggs 1 at a time using the whisk. Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; gently fold into the chocolate mixture until batter is thick and smooth. Do not overmix.
- Butter a 6-inch round cake pan with 2-inch sides. Pour batter into the pan and seal top with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Set a trivet inside the pot of an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Add 1 cup water. Make sure the steam release handle is in Sealing position according to manufacturers' instructions. Arrange long strips of aluminum foil crosswise under the cake pan; hold the ends to lower cake onto the trivet. Keep foil strips folded down to prevent contact with the lid.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 25 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build. Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 10 minutes.
- Check a toothpick inserted into the brownie comes out clean. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes more if needed. Release pressure using the quick-release method, about 5 minutes. Let brownie cool before cutting.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Sour cream can be substituted for the Greek yogurt, if desired.
- If you like, you can add chopped walnuts/chocolate chunks at the end of Step 2.
Per Serving: 694 calories; 33.5 90.6 9.9 188 668 Full nutrition