Instant Cochinita Pibil
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"Pressure-cooked pork shoulder in orange juice seasoned with achiote (annatto) and guajillo peppers - a quick version of the traditional Mexican pulled pork dish from the Yucatan Peninsula."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 389
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine onion, habanero peppers, lime juice, and salt in a bowl; cover and refrigerate onion-habanero salsa while preparing and cooking the pork.
- Place guajillo peppers in a bowl; pour enough hot water over the peppers to cover. Soak until peppers are softened, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper on all sides; cook in the hot oil until completely browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the pork into a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)).
- Combine guajillo peppers, orange juice, vinegar, achiote paste, and garlic in a blender; blend until smooth. Pour the sauce over the pork cubes in the pressure cooker. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 45 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Remove the pork to a serving dish and shred with 2 forks. Pour the achiote sauce over the shredded pork. Serve with the onion-habanero salsa.
- Cook's Note:
- Use rubber gloves when preparing the habanero peppers and avoid touching your eyes, nose, or skin while slicing peppers.
Per Serving: 389 calories; 13.2 39.7 33 85 360 Full nutrition