Easy Pork Carnitas
2 made it | 0 reviews |
"This authentic Mexican pork carnitas recipe takes very little effort and uses only a handful of ingredients. Just the way we make it in Mexico: lots of flavor and no fuss. [Recipe originally submitted to Allrecipes.com.mx]"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 278
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Trim excess fat from pork shoulder and cut pork into 2-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat a cast iron braiser over medium-high heat. Pour oil into the pot and brown pork on all sides, about 10 minutes. Cover with the lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pork is crispy on the outside and soft, but fully cooked, on the inside, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- If you are not using a cast iron braiser with a cast iron lid, the cook time will be about 20 minutes longer.
Per Serving: 278 calories; 13.7 0 36.4 107 93 Full nutrition