Best Gluten-Free Pita Bread
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 283
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 pita breads)
- Combine oat flour, potato starch, cornstarch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, yeast, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer; whisk until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Whisk milk, egg, olive oil, and vinegar together in a separate bowl until well combined, about 1 minute. Stir milk mixture in gradually to the flour mixture on low speed; mix until a soft dough comes together, about 5 minutes.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide dough into 6 equal pieces; roll each piece on a floured surface to a 6-inch circle. Place on the prepared baking sheets; cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Heat a pizza stone in the oven.
- Spray pita breads with water and place them straight on the hot pizza stone.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed and lightly golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
Per Serving: 283 calories; 12.5 38.3 5.6 31 534 Full nutrition