Sherry's Perfect Sous Vide Eggs
Ingredients50 m servings 63
- Prepare a heat-proof container of water with a sous vide cooker. Set temperature to 150 degrees F (66 degrees C).
- Fill a bowl with enough ice water to cover eggs.
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add eggs to the boiling water and cook until whites are set, exactly 5 minutes. Move the eggs to the ice bath for at least 1 minute to stop the cooking.
- Place eggs into the sous vide water bath; set timer for 40 minutes. Serve immediately or refrigerate and reheat for a few minutes in the sous vide or a bowl of hot water.
- Cook's Notes:
- The water temperature defines the exact texture of yolk you'll get, so if you prefer more runny or more hard-boiled than Sherry does, adjust the temperature as needed.
- You can place the eggs in a strainer and dip the strainer in the water (both when boiling and in the sous vide) to help keep the eggs from floating around and cracking.
Per Serving: 63 calories; 4.4 0.3 5.5 164 62 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This worked but the eggs were "done" on the outside but not on the inside. So when they peeled the "done" layer came off and I had a mini poached egg in the middle. I get a much more consist...
This recipe taught me, educated me, on how you get my "boiled eggs" to come out the way I'd really like. Thank you!
Perfect recipe! When I put my 6 eggs into the initial boiling water the temp dropped enough that it took the water a minute or two to return to a boil. I was not sure what to do about the time...