Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 325
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 jars)
- Place a sous vide cooker inside a large heat-proof container filled with water. Preheat the water bath to 179 degrees F (82 degrees C).
- Melt sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Pour hot melted sugar into eight 4 ounce Mason jars, enough to cover the bottom of each.
- Mix sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. Add to the jars; seal.
- Place jars in the water bath and set timer for 1 hour.
- Remove jars from the water bath. Let flan cool until safe to handle, about 20 minutes.
- Unseal jars and run a small rubber spatula around the sides of the flan. Top each flan with a plate;invert and gently shake to release.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can replace the vanilla extract with 1 scraped vanilla bean.
Per Serving: 325 calories; 9.7 50.5 9.5 100 139 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I almost don’t have much to say. A super-simple and effective recipe. Flan came out great even though I think I took the sugar slightly past where it should have been (yeah, I was on the edge of...