Blackened Tilapia Fish Tacos
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 381 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 tacos)
- Place cabbage and red onion in large bowl with cilantro. Mix sour cream, 1/2 the lime juice, honey, chipotle pepper, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper together in a separate bowl. Pour dressing over the cabbage mixture. Let marinate, 30 minutes to overnight.
- Combine avocados, jalapeno pepper, minced onion, and sriracha sauce in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper; mash to make the guacamole.
- Combine the remaining lime juice, brown sugar, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, salt, cumin, and ground red chile in another bowl. Sprinkle evenly over tilapia fillets.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add tilapia; cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 minutes per side. Serve fish topped with slaw and guacamole.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute jalapeno pepper for the chipotle.
- Sriracha can be substituted with any hot sauce of your choice.
Per Serving: 381 calories; 22.9 g fat; 20.8 g carbohydrates; 26.8 g protein; 49 mg cholesterol; 357 mg sodium. Full nutrition