Fried Fish Tacos to Remind You of Baja California
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 45 m servings 674
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 tacos)
- Place onion in resealable plastic bag with 1 teaspoon salt, basil, and oregano. Squeeze in juice from 1 1/2 limes. Add enough water to help spread marinade all over the onion slices. Seal and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and the juice of 1 lime in a bowl. Mix, adding more lime juice as needed, until the white sauce is runny. Cut the remaining limes into wedges.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a deep pot over medium heat.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Place tortillas in oven to keep warm.
- Whisk flour, beer, and egg together in a medium bowl until texture resembles pancake batter. Dip 3 to 4 pieces of fish into the mixture and fry in the hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining fish.
- Place fried fish over warmed tortillas, topped with the marinated onions, white sauce, lime wedges, cabbage, pico de gallo, and cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- Any variety of white fish will do. You could also use already breaded fish.
- This recipe can be baked instead of fried.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 674 calories; 57.3 30.6 10.8 35 411 Full nutrition