Chipotle Lime Cod Fish Tacos
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 737 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (12 to 16 tacos)
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Stir in beer and egg.
- Mix mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Coat cod pieces in 1/3 cup flour until completely covered. Shake off excess flour; dip into beer batter. Cook cod in oil a few pieces at a time until batter turns a golden brown color, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain oil excess. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place fried cod pieces on tortillas. Top with lettuce, queso fresco, tomato, red onion, cilantro, and chipotle-lime sauce. Serve with lime wedges.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you like crispier shells, fry your tortillas for 8 to 10 seconds; drain on paper towels.
- Cod may be replaced with tilapia or another white fish.
Per Serving: 737 calories; 42.2 g fat; 63.2 g carbohydrates; 24.4 g protein; 80 mg cholesterol; 848 mg sodium. Full nutrition