Tilapia Fish Tacos with Red Pepper-Lime Slaw and Blue Cheese Aioli
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 355 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 tacos)
- Whisk juice of 1 lime, 2 tablespoons red pepper oil, blue cheese dressing, mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon dill in a bowl until combined. Cover and place aioli sauce in freezer until ready to serve.
- Place coleslaw mix in a medium bowl. Add juice of 1 lime, 1/2 cup red pepper oil, onion, and chopped roasted red pepper. Toss together until slaw is thoroughly mixed.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Add garlic; cook until slightly browned, about 1 minute. Add tilapia; saute until starting to brown, about 2 minutes. Add juice of 1 lime, sour cream, cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning, and dill. Cook and stir until tilapia is browned, about 4 minutes more. Reduce heat to low.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a smaller skillet over medium heat. Add tortillas 1 at a time. Cook until bubbles form and tortillas are lightly browned, about 1 minute per side.
- Place a portion of the tilapia on each tortilla. Top with coleslaw mixture and chilled aioli sauce.
- Cook's Note:
- I debated whether to add cilantro to this recipe and decided against it, as I loved the flavor of the dill. If you would like cilantro instead of dill they are interchangeable.
Per Serving: 355 calories; 28.2 g fat; 18.3 g carbohydrates; 8.7 g protein; 19 mg cholesterol; 289 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1