Rhubarb Cinnamon-Nut Bread
Ingredients9 h 45 m servings 267
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Stir together 1/3 cup sugar, pecans, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1 cup sugar in a large bowl. In another bowl, beat egg with a fork; stir in milk and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened; batter should be lumpy. Fold in rhubarb.
- Spoon 1/2 of the batter into prepared pan, then sprinkle with 1/2 of the cinnamon mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture. Using a table knife or thin metal spatula, cut down through batter and pull up in a circular motion to marble the cinnamon mixture.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool 10 minutes. Remove bread and let cool completely on rack, at least 30 minutes.
- Wrap bread with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature, 8 hours to overnight, before slicing. You don't have to wait overnight, but the bread is much easier to slice and has a better texture if you do.
- Cook's Notes:
- Lining the pan with parchment paper (with the ends 1 inch over the pan's long sides) makes it easy to lift the bread out.
- Substitute walnuts for the pecans if desired.
- You can use fresh or frozen (thawed) rhubarb. Also, blueberries or raspberries work great in this recipe.
Per Serving: 267 calories; 10.4 40.6 3.9 17 153 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Made exactly as stated, and ended up with a beautiful loaf of delicious bread! I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow morning. This is going to go great with a cup of coffee!
It was delicious--moist and so good with the cinnamon and nuts. I would make no changes.
Made it per recipe. Used thawed, previously frozen rhubarb. Came out moist and delicious.
this is an outstanding bread. Not too sweet (except for the topping), and stays moist for a few days. Very, very good. I will make this many times again in future!