Chicken Ramen Bowl
Ingredients1 h servings 268
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; cook about 30 seconds more. Add rice vinegar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, mirin, fish sauce, and sriracha sauce; stir to combine. Add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes. Add chicken and bok choy; simmer gently until bok choy is just tender, about 2 minutes.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Add ramen noodles and return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender yet firm to the bite, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and drizzle with vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
- While ramen is cooking, fill a pot with enough water to cover the eggs and bring to a boil. Gently lower eggs into the boiling water and cook until yolks are barely set, about 7 minutes.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. Transfer soft boiled eggs to the ice bath to stop the cooking process; let sit about 3 minutes. Drain eggs, carefully peel away shells, and slice in half.
- Divide ramen between 4 bowls. Add broth. Top each with jalapeno, green onions, cilantro, and soft boiled egg. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 268 calories; 11.7 18.9 21 208 2032 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Very good. I'll make it again, but half the vinegar and soy sauce.
Overall, very good! Tasted just like the broth from the local joint I visited a few weeks ago. A couple of notes from my preparation: 1. I tried the broth before adding 2 ramen pork seasoning ...
Broth is perfect. Soft boiled eggs perfect at 7 min. Noodles kept separate is the way to go. Will absolutely make again. Thanks!