Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 327
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 15 individual muffin cups or line cups with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Pour in water, oil, vanilla extract, and vinegar. Mix well into a smooth batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool in the muffin cups for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool, about 20 minutes.
- Cream margarine in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 of the confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, while electric mixture is running on low speed. Beat in vanilla soy milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat in remaining confectioners' sugar until frosting has desired consistency.
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag and pipe over cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles.
Per Serving: 327 calories; 11.2 55.8 1.9 < 1 157 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made these and they turned out rich and moist. I did make the following changes; instead of adding water I did a vegan buttermilk (1tbsp vinegar to 1 c soy milk). I used 3 tbsp dark cocoa powd...
I needed to find a recipe for vegan cupcakes because my friend is vegan, and she absolutely loved them. She also enjoyed the icing, but said that she had tried other recipes that tasted better (...
my daughter is lactose intolerant and she loved these cupcakes. You can not even tell the difference between a normal one and these ones. My five year old boy also loves them and asks me to mak...
Im on a nondairy and nonsoy diet, so this recipe was very close to what i needed. I had to change the butter for nondairy and nonsoy butter. I also used canola oil, not vegetable oil. And used ...