Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Rolls
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"These lasagna rolls with ricotta and spinach are a tasty alternative to homemade lasagna. If you can find some fresh pasta dough, they won't require much work. [Recipe originally submitted to Allrecipes.it]"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 412
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place flour on a work surface and make a well in the center. Add eggs, olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Beat eggs using a fork, progressively incorporating the surrounding flour to make a sticky dough. Grease your hands with some oil and knead dough for 10 minutes into a smooth and soft ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Combine spinach and water in a skillet over medium heat and cook until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Drain spinach in a sieve and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Return spinach to the skillet. Add Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, and garlic; cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Discard garlic and allow spinach to cool.
- Chop cooled spinach and combine with ricotta, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Roll out pasta dough on a clean work surface into a very thin rectangle. Spread spinach filling on top, leaving a 1/2-inch border on all 4 sides. Roll up dough from the long side and seal well on the edges so filling won't leak out.
- Soak a large piece of parchment paper in water and squeeze out well. Wrap lasagna roll with the damp parchment paper and tie up the ends like a piece of candy.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna roll in the boiling water for about 12 minutes. Drain. Discard parchment paper and let cool slightly. Slice the roll into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a casserole dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 3 1/2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat until it starts to foam. Add sage leaves and coat with butter. Cook for 1 minute; remove sage leaves. Drizzle butter over lasagna roll pieces in the casserole dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can make 2 smaller rolls instead of the 1 large roll if preferred.
Per Serving: 412 calories; 19.2 44.3 15.6 130 453 Full nutrition