Baked Gnocchi With Tomato and Basil
13 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 490
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large heatproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute gnocchi until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same skillet. Add onion; cook and stir until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and water; cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Place gnocchi back in the skillet; add basil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until gnocchi is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven. Bake until cheese is well browned, about 8 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The partially cooked, vacuum-packed gnocchi found in the pasta aisle works best here, but refrigerated or frozen gnocchi can also be used.
- If you do not have a heatproof skillet, transfer the gnocchi to a casserole dish before baking.
Per Serving: 490 calories; 27.7 42.9 20.9 57 699 Full nutrition