Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 429
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat butter and olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion, celery, and garlic until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk in flour and stir until the mixture becomes thick and light golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Bring 2 cups chicken broth to a boil in a pot. Cook gnocchi in the boiling broth until they float to the top, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer gnocchi to a plate and reserve the broth in the pot. Place chicken in the broth and return it to a boil. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 7 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Stir spinach, carrots, parsley, and thyme into the saucepan with the flour mixture and place over medium heat. Stir in half-and-half and bring to a boil. Cook until starting to thicken, about 3 minutes. Add 2 cups chicken broth. Bring back to a boil and simmer until soup is thick and smooth, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir gnocchi and chicken into the soup and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use 1 cup of fresh chopped spinach leaves instead of frozen.
- Try substituting 1 cup of cubed rotisserie chicken instead of chicken breast for a more roasted flavor.
Per Serving: 429 calories; 31.5 24.7 13.4 88 744 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Soup came out very good the first time. Just based on personal preference, I would cut the spinach in half as it was very overwhelming. Also, I would increase the chicken. I used a 9 oz package ...