Copycat Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
"After 8 or 9 attempts at nailing the famous Italian-American restaurant version, I came out with this copycat version and I like it even more than theirs! Extremely hearty and tasty, this chicken and gnocchi soup will be a crowd pleaser! Best served with garlic bread sticks; you will come back for more!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 813
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 cups)
- Place chicken in a pressure cooker. Close cooker securely and place pressure regulator over vent according to manufacturer's instructions. Heat until steam escapes in a steady flow and makes a whistling sound, 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust temperature until regulator is gently rocking. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally according to manufacturer's instructions, 5 to 10 minutes. Unlock lid and remove.
- Remove skin and bones from the chicken; chop meat into bite-sized chunks. Transfer to a large pot. Add carrots, half-and-half, stock, water, garlic, and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add gnocchi and Parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to medium heat. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until flavors combine, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat immediately.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use 3 chicken breasts instead of thighs, if desired.
- I like this recipe as it stands because of the creaminess. However, the half-and-half can be reduced to 1 1/2 cups and the remaining 1 1/2 replaced with milk or water to reduce calories.
- Feel free to substitute the stock, bouillon, and water mixture with 6 cups chicken stock.
Per Serving: 813 calories; 50.7 44.1 45.5 177 1870 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1