Oeufs Cocottes au Saumon (Baked Eggs with Smoked Salmon)
made it | 0 reviews |
"These French baked eggs with smoked salmon are to die for and a true gourmet breakfast. The difficulty when baking eggs is to get the whites cooked evenly yet have the yolk still be runny. That's why the eggs are baked in two stages: first just the egg white is baked with cream and salmon, and the yolk is added later. Scale up the recipe as needed."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients17 m servings 250
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Fill a small ramekin a third of the way with heavy cream. Add smoked salmon strips and egg white. Season with salt and pepper. Place ramekin into a casserole dish and pour enough boiling water into the casserole dish so it reaches about halfway up the ramekin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until egg white is just set, about 10 minutes.
- Remove casserole dish from the oven and carefully slide egg yolk into ramekin. Sprinkle with dill and bake until egg yolk is hot but still runny, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- The amount of cream varies depending on the size of your ramekins - the amount in this recipe is for a small individual ramekin. If you have a bigger ramekin, you need to use more cream. The cream should fill about a third of each ramekin. You can also substitute creme fraiche for the cream.
- The cooking time may vary slightly from one oven to another and also with the number of ramekins you put in the oven and the depth of your ramekins; the deeper they are, the longer it will take to bake. Know that your egg whites should be just cooked, but not too firm; less firm than for a fried egg.
Per Serving: 250 calories; 22.1 1.7 11.6 231 454 Full nutrition