Papa Wolf's Grilled Lamb Shoulder Chops
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"My first try at cooking lamb shoulder chops. A friend served lamb at a party and the meat was tender and juicy, but the taste was gamy and bitter. I put together this recipe to see if I could improve the taste and very pleasantly surprised myself. If you've tried lamb and didn't like the taste, as I did, try this recipe. I love it and think you will too. I served this with my Bacon Caesar Roasted Potatoes (you can find the recipe in my recipe box here)."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 327
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 lamb chops)
- Mix peach juice, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, mint sauce, soy sauce, and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Mix Italian seasoning, cumin, and salt together in a separate bowl. Stir seasoning mixture gradually into the peach juice mixture; whisk well. Add onions and garlic to the marinade; mix well.
- Place lamb chops in a large resealable plastic bag and add the marinade. Toss gently to fully coat the lamb chops. Place in refrigerator and marinate at least 2 hours.
- Remove lamb and onions from the marinade. Wrap onions in a lightly buttered sheet of aluminum foil. Pour remaining marinade into a pot.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Place the foil-wrapped onions on the upper grill while preheating.
- Place lamb on the grill and baste with the marinade. Turn onions over and close the lid. Grill, turning the lamb once and basting again, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the lamb reads at least 130 degrees F (54 degrees C), about 5 1/2 minutes per side.
- Bring the pot of marinade to a boil. Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Spoon on top of the lamb chops.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- The longer you marinate the better.
- Instead of grilling you may also broil the chops in the oven about 5 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 327 calories; 12.9 37.9 16.4 49 1290 Full nutrition