Instant Pot® Mongolian Beef
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 257
Original recipe yields 8 servings (2 pounds of flank steak)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush unpeeled garlic cloves with a small amount of olive oil and wrap in a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until garlic cloves are tender and browned, about 20 minutes. Let cool; remove skin from cloves.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Add oil to a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Cook steak in batches until browned, about 8 minutes. Do not crowd the pot. Transfer beef to a plate.
- Saute garlic in the pot until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add onions, brown sugar, 1/2 cup water, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, liquid aminos, and ginger. Stir to combine. Add browned beef and any accumulated juices.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 12 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Combine 3 tablespoons water and arrowroot powder in a bowl; whisk until smooth. Add mixture to the sauce in the pot, stirring constantly. Select Simmer mode and bring to a boil; stir constantly until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in green onions.
You might also like
Per Serving: 257 calories; 10 28.2 16.4 36 725 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Well, somehow making stir fry in the pressure cooker didn't seem quite right, and mine did end up with quite mushy vegetables. But I did put it on for 16 min instead of 12 - I guess because I m...