Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 161
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 empanadas)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped green onions and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Mix in cooked chicken, salt, nutmeg, and black pepper; cook 1 minute more.
- Arrange pastry discs on a flat work surface. Dab a little water around the rims. Place a large tablespoonful of the chicken mixture in the center; fold pastry over and press with a fork to seal.
- Transfer empanadas to the prepared baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 161 calories; 5.2 21 8.5 29 398 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I couldn't find the empanada discs so made my own. They were excellent and easy; my first time of doing anything like them.