Best Ever Russian Beef Stroganoff
Ingredients40 m servings 496 cals
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons flour with salt and pepper in a bowl. Dredge beef strips in the mixture.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the dredged beef strips; cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook until onion is barely tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the beef and mushroom mixture to a plate.
- Melt remaining butter in the same skillet; reduce heat to low. Stir in 3 tablespoons flour and tomato paste; cook until slightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium. Add beef stock slowly, stirring constantly, until gravy is thickened and no lumps remain, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Return the beef and mushroom mixture to the skillet with the gravy. Stir in sour cream and sherry; heat until bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Creme fraiche can be substituted for the sour cream.
Per Serving: 496 calories; 34.8 g fat; 15.5 g carbohydrates; 29.2 g protein; 140 mg cholesterol; 784 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
By far one of the better Beef Stroganoff recipes we have tried. I enjoyed making it, and while it is a bit labor intensive, it is still a relatively quick and deeply satisfying meal. Next time ...
My only experience with beef stroganoff over the years has sadly been though TV dinners; but I liked it anyway. Finally, as an adult and a father, I had my 8 year old (two nights before her 9th ...